Wednesday 12 October 2011

Welcome to our wardrobe

So here goes, my first ever fashion blog.. this is daunting as there’s so many amazing fashionable bloggers out there who look just marvellous, so I’m going to try my best to pull the best pieces together, give you a real feel of my personal style as well as making it cute by adding in some of my daughters glorious pieces. 

It’s gonna go like this, I’m going to have some categories which I’ll keep the same each week and just update them by changes the pieces in each category (I felt like Keith lemon when I wrote that).
Oh also some things may be crinkly, that is because I can’t be bothered to iron because I’m not a very neat person. Ah and I’m also just taking photos of my clothes on my floor.. Nothing fancy no white backgrounds, let’s keep this real. 

Three of my favourite finds in my wardrobe

Living in England means a rain coat is an essential item! One that folds up small and can live in your bag until the rain strikes. I love Cath Kidston and I could spend all day in the shop, most of my kitchen is made up from Cath Kidston bits, as is my phone case and baby bag and key rings etc etc you get the picture! I love flowers. So I needed to get this! I think it was £25 but I can’t say for sure.. Which really isn’t bad, it is bad for a plastic rain coat but not bad for Cath Kidston.. So this makes me happy.


I just like this because it has elbow patches! I love stripes also, and crop jumpers are sensational but the elbow patches are all suedey and I think this is a glorious piece for the autumn weather! Not to hot not too cold. Bought from H&M for I think £9.99. 


Ok so these are a little worn but I think worn shoes are the best! These go with everything! I love tan shoes and I love ankle boots, I’ve worn these day and night and being 5’8 I am already tall so I really don’t need much of a heel. These were £45 from River Island and I reckon I’ll still be wearing these in 4 years time.. not just because I’m poor but because I love them.


Bargain of the week

This high waisted jogger kind of skirt I got from Topshop in the sale for £5.99, I’m completely mad about anchors! I have a tattoo of an anchor on my back so defiantly feel the need to buy anything with an anchor on! More of a summer piece I guess but teamed with a chunky knit cardie, some black tights and my overly worn brogues, lovely. 


Obsession of the week

BIRDS! I love birdie things, swallows, eagles any kind of bird… so this whole birds on clothes thing is amazing, I love it! Again I have a tattoo of a swallow on my wrist so I really do love birds. There’s loads around at the moment, so here are a few bits I have.. all bought in the sale may I add!

This T-shirt’s from Topshop again..( I spend a lot of my time in Topshop) It was in the sale for £12, which isn’t the cheapest really, but I love the way it’s embroidered and the colours are amazing! I have a rule that you should really always buy T-shirts in a size bigger because I like to wear them with high waisted skirts/shorts, and I like a bit of bag. 


This super sweet vest is from Pumpkin Patch, it was given to me as a present but I’ve since been in and bought more in bigger sizes.. they have the most amazing sales! I think this was £3.99 and buy one get one free (and you get two in a pack) I love that it has a bird on it, that’s really the only reason I bought more.


This necklace is adorable! I love little gold necklaces there so easy to wear and I think there so quirky. This was £1.50 in the sale at Topshop (yes Topshop again) I think it’s gorgeous and I love that the little eyes are sparkly. 


Husband steal 

This is my Husbands Levi shirt, I love wearing man things! Man things always wear really well and make you feel all little and comfy. This shirt cost him £85 so I think it deserves to be worn by more than one person to spread the cost out a bit! I think Denim looks superb thrown over something delicate.


Weekly wish list

So there’s leaves on the ground, well there’s not in Slough because we don’t have tree’s but everywhere else has leave on the ground.. Because I live in Grey Ville I think this top is brilliant as I can wear leaves! It’s a tad pricey at £48 which is why it’s on my wish list and I don’t actually own it. Thanks Topshop for making such a beautiful piece, I shall be looking out for this in the sale.


This is from River Island at £30, it’s one of those mid leg shirts which I adore! My problem is I suffer from cankles. So in order to wear this skirt I need to lose another 2 stone. But I really like it and I love mustard! I can only wear mustard if the colour isn’t near my face because I think it reflects on my teeth and my teeth look mustard. Gorgeous silk skirt though! Would look fabulous with one of those crop/bra tops I think.


My daughter has an elephant which she’s obsessed with; we’ve called her Ellie so I’m going with the whole elephant theme here.  This super delightful Knitted piece is called the Nelly the elephant vest, it’s from Cath Kidston and costs £28. I don’t know if it can be washed.. probably not because it’s totally expensive and impractical but I just thinks it’s charming!


Cute Cassie finds

I got this jacket as a hand me down, but it’s originally from George at Asda. It’s so soft and looks ultra-cute with a little hat, mitten and glove set. I am a bit obsessed with dressing my daughter like me.. I know it’s sad! But I live in my denim jacket over what usually is a floral dress, so when this got handed to me I was more than pleased.


This if you can’t recognise it is a hat, it’s one of those knitted floppy hats. I have loads and they are brilliant at coving up a bad hair days. I think you can get away with wearing these kind of hats indoors! As they sort of look like part of your outfit rather than just something you wear for practical reasons, like keeping your head warm :-S So I found this in the Mothercare sale for £1.50, bargain!



These knitted dresses are everywhere it seems, and they come with matching tights attached, so you get a whole outfit all in one! Marks and Spencers have marked all there’s down to £9 each this week and they have an array of colours. Very cute and warm, just lovely.


All in all favourite things this week: birds, anchors, denim, flowers and mustard.
So Ta dar.. There’s my first fashion blog, hope it was ok. Please give me feedback, let me know if I’m on to something here or if I should just give up because it was mega boring? Cheerio.



No comments:

Post a Comment