Friday 21 October 2011

Another Autumn Wardrobe Rummage

After last week’s fashion blog I received a bit of feedback, my mother told me that I should be putting things together.. Showing for instance how one dress can be worn in three different ways. I totally agree with her! I think that would maybe make better reading? Although I do feel as if I’d sort of be claiming to be a bit of a Gok… I don’t want people to think I’m claiming to be a fashion icon? 

This blog isn’t about teaching people how to dress, it’s just about showing you things that I like.. Things I find pretty! I’m doing it as more of a little weekly collection of items then next year I can look back on and this oh my god what was I thinking! Or oh I forgot I had that hooray.. And so on. 

I’ve never been one to listen to advice and feedback, so to show that I do listen to my Mother… sort of… I will add in my favourite outfit of the week. That way I’m putting an outfit together, but I’m not giving how to dress a cardigan in 5 different ways tutorial. 

So I’m just gonna go with it this week and scrap the template stuff. This week I’m just gonna let my creativity flow so to speak and see where it takes me, rummage as I go.

Crikey there are sales everywhere at the moment! Personally I think this is an outrage! It’s far too close to Christmas to be temping me with lovely things! Half of me thinks I should get out there and buy everyone’s presents while there cheap, but then I hate buying presents too early because I just get impatient and give them to people as the suspense is just too much..

However, being on maternity leave n all I can’t deny that I have poked my head in the shops a few times just to make sure there’s not anything that I’m desperately missing out on.. and of course there was!

So I have to say hurrah to River Island! They have a fabulous sale on at the moment! I found this glorious sheer shirt in there for £12, it’s got all those lovely autumn leafy colours on it and it’s super versatile! 


This I also found in River Island, again for £12.. It’s really floppy and comfy and big! I sort of had to buy this because my Husband is getting fed up with me wearing his to the extent that I do, obviously I still prefer his Levi one but I think this is a smashing buy for £12!


Knitwear is amazing!! I love knitwear! I live in cardigans and this is lovely and warm and neutral.. This too was from River Island for £15, which to be honest I think is dead cheap as Primark are now trying to sell their knitwear for the same sort of price! Which in my opinion is robbery? The Primark people need to review their recent rise in prices I think.. It’s not on.


I also got a few bits of jewellery this week , It wasn’t on one of my loner shopping sprees but when my Husband and I wondered into Windsor, he wanted to get some new earrings from Topshop ‘man earrings’ which are indeed from the ladies section but are still very manly all the same. So when picking those up I grabbed a few bit for myself also..

So obviously I have an obsession for birdie things, so this was dangling in the sale section down to I think £4 at half price.. I had to have, because you can just never have enough birdie things in my opinion.


I love these Grannyesk old jewellery box earrings, I’m not a dangly earing kind of girl nor am I particularly big on studs, so I tend to opt for something like this. I love the dark green ones in particular because I have greenish eyes so yup there a winner.





Now you know when you go to Boots and you spend like £10 or over or whatever it is, they give you a voucher for No7 for £5, so I’m usually really bad at saying thanks.. stuffing it in my bag and forgetting I have it! So I thought seen as it’s a voucher I really should use it! So I got a new nail varnish, £7.. so It worked out at only £2! Bargain! No7 have those amazing brushes which are wider and easier to apply, and I adore this matt greyish colour! Very wintery, very classy.



As I just posted about a nail varnish I’m gonna make this flow and move onto lipstick! So I am a huge Made In Chelsea fan! The only way is Essex is good.. but I much prefer the girls in Made in Chelsea, their style anyway! Problem is I live in Slough not Chelsea… So I have to sort of try my best at attempting that look like them but on a budget. Therefor I was super happy to find this lipstick! By Kate Moss Rimmel, No.4 It’s a deep purple colour, very similar to the lipstick Louise Thompson wore on Made in Chelsea! Love it so much! Plus Rimmel have a 3 for 2 offer on in Boots at the moment, and their nail varnished have those cool wide brushes too!


http://madeinchelsea.tumblr.com/

Now I’ve spoken about my bargains I’m going to move onto my two outfits of the week, the first one being mine which I wore yesterday, and the second being my daughters.

This for me is one of those comfortable outfits, not too bright.. Something I could eat a big lunch in and still feel good. The dress is from H&M’s current season, it’s got little cats all over and I believe it cost £12.99 or around that price… the shoes are some old Topshop sale brogues which I wear all the time! The scarf is an old River Island January sale piece.. It’s huge so it’s great for breastfeeding coverage! The jacket is from Miss Selfridge and the bag in an old vintage pass down, it’s a real Chanel bag I am proud to say, my Mother was given it by a friend about 11 years ago and it’s still going strong!


This cute little outfit is so lovely, the dress is from a recent Gap sale for £4.99, the jacket is a soft blazer type coat which is still in the Gap sale now for £6.99, tights from M&S and the little brown booties are from Mothercare in the sale for £4! So this is quite a bargainous little outfit, it’s just a shame my daughter seems to be growing at an obscene speed at the moment so these too will soon be hand me downs for another lucky little girl. 


So I reckon now I’ll finish off with my wish list, I’m feeling all festive and sparkly this week, due to the freezing cold weather! Therefore I am adoring all things metallic and sparkly! Here are two things I’m desperate to get my mitts on.

This skirt is from Oasis and is leather, so it’s £80! Which obviously is quite a lot of money so I won’t be running out to buy it sadly.. But nevertheless the still want it and I reckon it would be a pretty staple piece; I’d wear that day or night! Magnificent.


These are absolutely delightful! There little baby girl brogues! And they sparkly! I need them! I found these in Zara and there £17.99, so if we get invited to any Christmas parties you can bet your bottom dollar I’ll be taking my daughter in these.



Finally, my Husband often says I dress like a Granma, I personally take this as a compliment as I think the Granma style rocks!! Dot Cotton has the best dresses! I’ve found this beauty on www.beyondretro.com. It’s a gorgeous crimson & white 1980's vintage polka dot dress with a sailor collar and a matching belt! For £22!!! Amazing! There’s loads of cool retro clothes on this website, but obviously it’s pot luck whether the piece you like will be in your size or not.. But this one is and I intend to purchase it.


So rounding up this week’s fashion blog with an array of words would be; River Island, knitwear, Autumn, Metallics and sparkle, cool lipstick and retro. 

Beautiful charming stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment