Thursday 29 September 2011

Relocating strains, sweats and struggles


Moving with a child is surely something people in the world do all the time, quite often with more than one child! Or a dog or a teenager or heaven forbid teenagers… or dogs.

So why am I finding it so challenging to move with my 3 month old? She doesn’t walk or need real food but yet I seem to be working my derriere off all day.. However nothing seems to be progressing!
Blogging probably isn’t assisting in any way at all but I feel I need to outlet my annoyance, beneath the endless amounts of box’s and my attention wanting infant. 

My daughter has learnt how to shout this week, which she is demonstrating nicely as I type away, it’s a sort of grunting sheep noise which she clearly feels she needs to express, very loudly, above any other noise occurring.. Anywhere! 

So basically we’re moving! Now that the little grunting cherub is at the stage where she needs to be in a proper cot, with her own floor to roll around on and stuff! Not to mention we’re getting pretty fed up of living amongst the entire contents of Mothercare’s spring summer collection.. Which is awkward and an actual danger to my poor stubbed to bits toes. 

We currently live in a tiny 1 bedroom flat that we stayed in as students, we have an 80’s style kitchen and a neighbour who collects bread for his horses, which is bothersome to say the least.. As it means we constantly have the biggest family of beetles living at the bottom of our stairs. 

So packing.. Oh my word! I’m trying so hard to multitask between filling up box’s, providing my daughter with her breast breaks, where I also take my break to demolish any food I can find.. Whilst trying not to cover her head in crumbs. It’s really tricky! I’m like wonder woman! Never did I work this hard when I was at work! I’ve also become super strong.. Like I can move whole actually pieces of furniture on my own, with one hand! (The other hand I use to wave of these ridiculous flying spiders! They seem to love my home too! The beetles must have told them about the bread).

Also as well as packing I’m on the phone to different people trying to move things over to the new address, which I hate doing because I think I sound about 8 on the phone, and they so don’t take me seriously when I propose they give me a discount for being a loyal customer. Doesn’t help that my daughter lets rip whenever she feels to, usually when I’m on the phone! Leaving me unsure about whether to pretend the farting noise didn’t happen or to blame her, which would be the truth! But they wouldn’t believe me, and it certainly wouldn’t help me get a discount.

So overall I’m a big moaning mess, as is my daughter! Who is now having a tantrum? Are they supposed to do this at 3 months? Hopefully by next week the trauma of this will be a distant memory and I can sit back and enjoy my new spacious surroundings.. So yes my conclusion is.. Packing with baby attached to breast, Husband at work and sore toes is horrendous and wearing, and I think that anyone that has to endure this experience definitely deserves a new pair of shoes! At least!

No comments:

Post a Comment