Wednesday 7 September 2011

Having a go at my first ever blog


Ok so not sure how this all works, this is my first blog and I’m hoping I write something appropriate? Or at least something people will want to read? Don’t know, but really I think it’s a good time to start this blogging stuff as I believe people are getting fed up of my constant facebook status’s about my child’s development.. Be it her first giggle or that I she enjoyed the bath I just gave her.. Which of course Is all very interesting to me and maybe a couple of the other new mums on my friends list :-S but really I feel it’s now time to expand my baby obsession nonsense with other people that perhaps either know what I’m talking about or maybe just like reading baby nonsense..

So I think I’ve introduced myself on my profile which asked me loads of about me questions, which I hate because I don’t really think looking back on it I portrayed myself as being that interesting, but having said that I no longer have the energy to go and do it again. But also if all my interests look a bit blubbery to you I’ll round it up on here…

I’m Female, 25, Nurse, Mum, New Mum, Wife, Flowers, painted flower pots, new baby called Cassie, Clothes addiction, love old people and enjoy playing in the kitchen.  So there we go, I think that’s an introduction to my blog!? This is very fun so far as there’s no word limit!

Hopefully this will be a bit of an outlet for me, for when I get frustrated with the trials and tribulations of breastfeeding (which I now talk about at least 20 times a day) also I may have little outbursts about the fact I desperately need another outfit to wear to the party I’m not sure I’m going to but will need an outfit just in case (but prob won’t go to) not that I get invited to many parties, more ‘mums coffee afternoons’ at the local starbucks and that sort of stuff. 

I’ve yet to actually really make friends with any other mums in Slough but the Health Visitor invites me to events now and again so I turn a blind eye and when someone asks how I am,  I pretend I have a fabulous new mum about town kind of social life!  
I’ll also use this as a kind of baby development thing, so I can give all my childless still having a great social life friends a break..

But really that’s it, don’t want to go on and on, starting to feel like I could reveille too much about myself at this point, you already know I have no friends, paint flower pots and start most conversations with “I just have to breastfeed my baby” so I’ll leave it there, leave you hanging in angst for my next blog.. don’t know how you end these things? The End xxx

7 comments:

  1. Awesome start treacle.. master class in Blogging if you need it...not from me mind I'm technically still a newbie myself! Download disqus from my blog better/easier for comments..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please, haven't a clue what I'm doing.. spent the last half an hour trying to get the writing to look brown instead of pink? discus? is that an experienced blogger person who will teach me? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Crystal ! Just found you through Twitter! Welcome to the world of blogging (it's a tiny bit addictive!)
    I'm part of the BritMums team and will be writing a column called 'Newbie Tuesday' from next week highlighting new blogs and giving some help and support! I also run lovenewblogs.wordpress.com where we showcase newer blogs every week - it's a great place to get started out and find some other lovely folk who are just starting out too so you may like to swing by and see how you can join in x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya. I found you through Twitter too. Welcome to the mummy blogger world.
    I'm still a newbie myself and started my blog for the same reasons as you; I figured my Facebook friends were getting bored of my constant baby drivel but it's all I really wanted to write/talk about.
    I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog. Have fun. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello hello, nice to meet you both :) I really haven't got the hang the hang of this yet, I'm being guided very well and learning slowly.. but thank you for reading my blog :) I hope to get more involved with the whole thing and meeting people etc!
    I shall have a ponder around this afternoon at other mummy blogs, and yes haha I think the facebook friends are relieved to see I have moved on lol x

    ReplyDelete